måndag 19 december 2016

New album is taking shape

Yes box, I headed up to my old hometown Gothenburg last week to start the recordings of my upcoming album.
The place I chosed this time was the legendary Svenska Grammofon Studion, a bunch of great albums have been recorded there that have influenced me over the years, such as The Soundtrack of our Lives, Jose Gonzales, Madrugada, The Hives among many, many, many others.

It was an epic session, and we used the NEVE  mixing console that used to belong to legends Queen, and on this very specific console has recorded legends like David Bowie, Miles Davis, Johnny Cash, The Rolling Stones, Acdc, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin among others, so the stakes was high now to try to cope with legends like that :)
AND what a great fuckin sound we got! ooh lord have mercy did the new songs sound fantastic through this console!!!

We also used some "outside the box" instruments on some of the songs, some heads will turn for sure!
And rest assured, of course there will be that gritty bluesy vibe as usual that I'm known for.

We cut 9 songs on this session, and the mixing will take place sometime in february, also at Svenska Grammofon Studion.
I am so thrilled over these recordings, and the band behind me delievered in spades I'll tell you that!

Keep check in for some snippets after all the christmas holidays!
Loads of love from the captain


Inga kommentarer: